Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Pulitzer-Prize in Fiction

Since 1918 there has been over 75 books that have won the Pulitzer in fiction. Although not many, I have listed the ones that I have read:

1940 The Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck






1947 All The Kings Men - Robert Penn Warren






1952 The Caine Mutiny - Herman Wouk






1961 To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee





1968 The Confessions of Nat Turner - Norman Mailer






1980 The Executioner's Song - Norman Mailer






1983 The Color Purple - Alice Walker





1988 Beloved - Toni Morrison




2004 The Known World - Edward P. Jones




I intend to read every fictional book that has won a Pulitzer. But it may have to wait til I retire.

1 comment:

  1. I don't get a thing, were the Confessions of Nat Turner written by him, William Styron or Norman Mailer, i'm all confused,
    Siegfried from Paris

    ReplyDelete