Monday, February 9, 2009

The Ride

I have noted a few of the things that I am interested in: Theatre, film and fictional writting. Now some poetry...


THE RIDE

I see the ride before me, but I'm afraid to take the ride.
Still, it seems compelling. Will it release what's locked inside?

As I enter the ride, there seems to be no one around.
So, I take a seat and hold on tight as my heart begins to pound.

The ride is smooth and comforting. No reason to be scared.
But then the ride takes a turn. The turns I deadly feared.

There are others who ride the ride now. Pockets state their name.
As the ride continues the names on papers begin to change.

I want to let go and get off this ride, but you say hold on tight.
It's always darkest before the dawn. And soon there will be light.

So, I continue to hold, but I feel my hands begin to slip from the heat.
And if I should fall off this ride will you catch me?
Or will you just give someone else my seat?

No comments:

Post a Comment